Below are the items that you should bring to your windsurfing lesson:
2. Jellyfish protection: either cover your skin with clothes or I recommend buying Safe Sea before your lesson. This is a protectant against Jellyfish which have stinging tentacles. These creatures can also be found in Mud Lake in late summer. I have not found this product sold locally. It can be ordered over the internet.
3. Food and snacks of your choice
4. Water and other drinks of your choice
5. Adult life jacket if you want to wear one. Each child MUST wear a life jacket during their windsurfing lesson. Our lessons are typically in waist deep water.
6. $5 per car entrance fee if your lesson is at the Texas City Dike or Levee (weekend only). This is the city's entrance fee
7. Towel and change of clothes.
What to wear
1. Swimsuit and sun protective clothing such as a long-sleeved rashguard like the surfers wear. If you do not want to buy Safe Sea, I recommend wearing leggings, yoga pants, or check out those Hybrid Angler pants with zip off legs to protect from possible stings.
2. Snug fitting footwear such as water shoes or sneakers that you can wear in the water. You MUST wear footwear in all the windsurfing locations due to glass and sharp-edged oyster shells. Flip Flops or Crocs are not acceptable for in the water fun.
Where to buy these footwear? "Surf shops", "Diving shops, Academy, Sun & Ski, REI, Sports Authority. You can find "cheap" water shoes at discount stores like Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. Most "windsurfers find that after 1 or 2 uses in the water, the cheap shoes become very uncomfortable because the soles keep coming out as you move around on the board.
See you there!